- What is an example of abandonment?
- What is an abandoned house called?
- What is legally considered abandonment?
- What is another word for left?
- What is the opposite of feeling abandoned?
- What’s the opposite of betrayal?
- What is the best synonym for abandoned?
- What is the opposite of abandoned?
- What is the definition of abandonment?
- How do you use the word abandon?
- Is forsake synonym of abandon?
- What do you call an abandoned place?
- What is a synonym for abandon?
- What is the opposite of killed?
- What does abandon in place mean?
What is an example of abandonment?
Examples of Patient Abandonment For example, if a doctor intentionally refuses to treat a patient who has failed to pay his or her medical bill, that is often considered unjustified.
Patient abandonment can also occur when: the hospital has inadequate staffing..
What is an abandoned house called?
An abandoned house is a vacant property due to foreclosure, bankruptcy, and financial or legal reasons. … This makes abandoned homes attractive properties for investors, flippers and wholesalers because they sell lower than market price.
What is legally considered abandonment?
Every state has its own definition of abandonment or desertion, but generally, it means that one spouse leaves the family home and the relationship without communicating and without warning.
What is another word for left?
What is another word for left?jiltedneglectedabandoneddeserteddiscardedforsakengodforsakenstrandedrejectedcast away55 more rows
What is the opposite of feeling abandoned?
Opposite of the action or fact of abandoning or being abandoned. reclamation. recoupment. recovery.
What’s the opposite of betrayal?
What is the opposite of betrayal?faithfulnessloyaltyallegiancedevotionfealtyfidelitysteadfastnessstaunchnessconstancytrustiness28 more rows
What is the best synonym for abandoned?
Synonyms & Antonyms of abandonedderelict,deserted,desolate,disused,forgotten,forsaken,rejected,vacant,More items…
What is the opposite of abandoned?
abandon(v) Antonyms: retain, maintain, continue, cherish. Synonyms: desert, forsake, forego, discard, relinquish, repudiate, waive, renounce, abdicate.
What is the definition of abandonment?
1 : the act of abandoning property or a right: as. a : relinquishment by an inventor of the right to enforce a patent — see also dedication.
How do you use the word abandon?
I love you, the ends of the earth, to does not abandon!There was a general air of festivity and abandon.The captain gave the order to abandon ship.I was obliged to abandon that idea.We had to abandon the car.How could she abandon her own child? … People often simply abandon their pets when they go abroad.More items…•
Is forsake synonym of abandon?
The words abandon and desert are common synonyms of forsake. While all three words mean “to leave without intending to return,” forsake suggests an action more likely to bring impoverishment or bereavement to that which is forsaken than its exposure to physical dangers.
What do you call an abandoned place?
forsaken. Abandoned; desolate; forlorn.
What is a synonym for abandon?
Some common synonyms of abandon are relinquish, resign, surrender, waive, and yield.
What is the opposite of killed?
What is the opposite of killed?resurrectedresuscitatedrevivedanimatedreanimatedrevitalizedUSawakenedbreathed life intobreathed new life intobrought around9 more rows
What does abandon in place mean?
1. transitive verb. If you abandon a place, thing, or person, you leave the place, thing, or person permanently or for a long time, especially when you should not do so. He claimed that his parents had abandoned him. Synonyms: leave, strand, ditch [slang], leave behind More Synonyms of abandon.